The Sian Ka’an biosphere visit by boat is surely the most stunning excursion on the Riviera Maya. Sian Ka’an in Maya means “origin of the sky”.
Do not forget booking your excursions as soon as possible before leaving to be sure of having a seat.
WATCH OUT: Several means of transport does exist to travel the Sian Ka’an biosphere. We propose you to do this excursion exclusively by boat, from start to the end. As a consequence, you will only have 1 hour of transportation to get to Punta Allen whereas, by road, it takes 3 hours on a chaotic route(particularly unsafe for people having back pain issues).
During the day, you will discover Sian Ka’an biosphere, protected by UNESCO since 1987 and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. It is the most important natural reserve in Mexico by its number of forests, lagoons, swamps, reefs, and corals. You can observe around 150 different bird species, crocodiles, manatees, turtles, and dolphins.
Your day will unfold this way: First, we will pick you up at your hotel between 7 AM and 8 AM on your location. You will be comfortably installed in our 14-seater, air-conditioned minivan.
We will take Tulum direction and arriving at the reserve, board into various 6-seated fisherman boats and you will have to pay the UNESCO and Wildlife Protection tax, at 6$USD/person.
We will take the route to the lagoon and mangrove, and go in search of birds, crocodiles, and manatees.
For lunchtime, you will have access to a buffet, and alcohol-free drinks are offered to you.
In the afternoon we will head to the natural pools where you can walk in sumptuous crystalline water, worthy of some pictures. After that, we will go to the coral reef and take a swim with the multicolored fishes.
Last but not least, we will greet some turtles and dolphins, located in the Punta Allen bay.
To go back to our van and your hotel, we will take the mangrove route again.
- The round trip from your hotel in an air-conditioned minivan
- Snorkeling (water activities with a mask, tuba, and fins)
- Lunch buffet and alcohol-free drinks
- The UNESCO and Wildlife Protection tax, at 6$USD/person
DO NOT FORGET:
- Towel and swimsuit
- Sunscreen and T-shirt
- Hat or cap, sunglasses
- Camera or smartphone and waterproof bag, to take pictures underwater (or a GoPro camera)
- Extra money for drinks, souvenirs, and tips
BE AWARE BEFORE LEAVING:
This excursion lasts all day, approximately 12h.
It takes place every day, depending on available seats. The most reliable way is to book your seats some days before.
- 145 $ / Adult
- 115 $ / Child from 0 to 9 years
- Secured payment on an HTTPS website with the international payment module Stripe, the safest one on the Internet.
- For the payment, a 20$ reservation/person is necessary to book your seat on a tour and the rest is to pay during the excursion day directly to the driver or guide.
- For children, a deposit isn’t necessary, the tour must be paid during the excursion.